The Liebster Award: Nominated by Bloggers for Bloggers
The Natural Beauty & Health Blog is honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award! This blog award is new to me but a true honor because your nominated by your fellow bloggers. My nominator,Lynne Murhy from the Beautifully Green Life, answeredquestions about herself and asked questions to her nominees, one of which is me.
My Liebster Award Nominations are listed below as well as my answers to theBeautifully Green Life's questions and the questions I picked for my nominees. Thank you so much for the nomination!
Rules for the Liebster Award:
Acknowledge and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions posted by the nominator.
Nominate 2-5 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. (I broke this rule. I nominated my beauty blogger heros instead)! :)
Create your own 7-11 questions for the nominees.
Inform your nominees that they have been chosen.
Questions and Answers from my nominee
1) What inspired your green, holistic, organic lifestyle? Having my three babies really changed the way I look at life and inspired me to change my lifestyle for the better. I started out by making small changes, and gradually over time, it was a no brainer. Something I've always heard is, you may not be able to change the toxins in our environment but you can change your lifestyle and make smarter, healthier choices. It's a commitment but one I do with joy because I know I'm making the best decision for myself and my family now and in the future.
2) Green smoothie or green juice? And, what ingredients do you use? Both! I love smoothies and juices. You can't go wrong either way. I love Kimberly Snyder'sGlowing Green Smoothie recipe. I leave out a few ingredients (just preference), but it basically includes: 1½-2 cups water, 1 head of organic romaine lettuce, ½ head large organic spinach, 1 organic apple, 1 organic pear, 1 organic banana, ½ fresh organic lemon and ⅓ bunch organic cilantro.
3) What is your favorite, can’t live without beauty product? 100% organic, unrefined, shea butter. It plumps fine lines and wrinkles in seconds! It firms, brightens and lifts the skin like no other. It's basically an all natural face lift in my opinion. At $20 for a 4-5 oz. container, it usually lasts 4-5 years with daily use. No cream or serum in my opinion provides the results that shea butter does and the value is amazing in itself.
4) How do you deal with the naysayers or non believers? I have definitely dealt with this from friends and family. Most people who don't have a passion for the natural lifestyle don't understand why it's so important to make healthier choices and live a toxic free life. At the end of the day, as long as you share the information, that's all you can do. Hopefully they will slowly make healthier changes in their own time.
5) Who do you look to for inspiration? Bloggers, doctors, naturopaths, health coaches, teachers, healers, gurus, etc? All of the above and then some. Other bloggers really inspire me. I have a few heros like Josie Maran, who really inspires me to keep going no matter what. There will always be someone to criticize your work or message. But for every positive comment, I get a boost to keep going. I'm very thankful I can learn and connect with my fellow bloggers and natural beauty and health community on Facebook and Twitter. It's amazing what you can learn from connecting with others who care about the same cause you do.
6) What beauty ingredient or food will you never touch? I try to avoid anything with toxic chemicals or synthetics. When it comes to food, I try to buy mostly organic so no pesticides or poisons, just natural whole foods from the local farmer's market. For personal care products, I look for natural based and toxic free with the least amount of ingredients possible. I love Josie Maran Cosmetics! I know I'm using healthy, organic and eco-friendly beauty and skincare products without even having to think about it. I try to be diligent with checking labels and researching products before I buy them. If I see any ingredients I cannot pronounce or if I don't know what it is, I don't buy it.
7) Favorite Book? "The Secret" by Rhonda Bryne. It's a book about the law of attraction and I feel like it's changed my life. It's really inspiring and uplifting. It teaches you life is all about your outlook. Once you learn how to manage your thoughts, you can attract all the right people, things and situations to create the life you've always wanted. It taught me I can get you through just about anything in life, it's all about my outlook. :)
1.) What inspired you to be a blogger / writer? 2.) What do you do to stay fit and healthy? 3.) What is your favorite food? 4.) What is your most guilty pleasure? 5.) What made you decide to make positive, healthier changes in your life? 6.) What's your favorite quote to live by? 7.) Who is your hero and why?
I hope you enjoyed my answers and I look forward to reading all the nominees!
Ever wanted to add natural highlights without the damage and expensive trips to the salon? Here are some natural ways to add highlights using 100% natural ingredients that will add beautiful tones, highlights and lowlights to your hair color without causing any damage or unwanted brassiness what so ever. Keep in mind, whenever you use natural herbs to color you hair, it may take several applications for noticeable results.
One of my favorite skincare brands, NUXE Paris has released a new natural origin facial skin care line! If you haven't heard of NUXE, their a high end french skincare line that was created in 1957 by a research pharmacist who created the line based on natural botanicals and essential oils. After 10 years of research on anti-oxidiation, NUXE has developed an exclusive line for all women of all ages which targets oxidative stress, the main factor responsible for aging.
French women are known for their natural beauty and simple beauty routines. Less is more when it comes to the french and their beauty phiosophy is about being beautiful and sexy, naturally! French women believe that makeup was designed to enhance a woman’s face, not cover it up.
To stay beautiful, french women eat a balanced diet that includes lots of organic fresh fruit and vegetables from the market, which they walk to several times per week. They also drink 6-8 glasses daily. Remember, the best way to get a healthy glow is from within! Here is what the french do to look and stay beautiful!
French women are renowned for their simple skincare regimes and believe that skin care is more of a necessity than cosmetics. They make sure to exfoliate their skin and are also loyal users of anti-aging creams. There’s a certain philosophy that French women have. Skincare lasts a lifetime, while make-up lasts just a few hours.
When it comes to tanning, French women opt a glowing …